Anthony J. Dos Reis
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
State University of New York at New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
Office: FOB N4
- Bachelors in electrical engineering from Cornell University,
- Masters in electrical engineering from Cornell University,
- Masters in computer science from the State University of New
York at Albany, Albany, NY
- Ph.D. in computer science from Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute, Troy, NY
- Worked at IBM as a systems programmer. Worked on
IBM operating systems, compilers, and mainframe hardware.
- Assembly Language
- Computer Architecture
- Compiler Design and Implementation
- Formal Languages
Logic, Proof, and Abstract Algebra: A Guided Tour, Industrial Press, 2016, available September 2016
- Covers logic, proof, groups, rings, integral domains, fields, vector spaces, and Boolean algebra.
- An easy-to-read introduction to the foundation of math and abstract algebra.
- Covers all the math that is prerequisite for the study of abstract algebra.
- Guides the reader step-by step.
- Ideal for the standard college course in abstract algebra or for self learners.
- The "go-to" book if you are having trouble understanding your professor.
Assembly Language and Computer Architecture Using C++ and Java
, Course Technology, 2004
- Covers system concepts thoroughly.
and concretely. For example, students not only study instruction
sets, they implement and evaluate their own.
- Provides an invaluable "under-the-hood" examination of C++ and Java.
- Software runs on MS-DOS, Windows,
Sun SPARC Solaris, X86 Linux, and Macintosh OS X.
- Includes coverage of the SPARC, Pentium, and the Java Virtual
Introduction to Programming Using Java
, Jones and Bartlett, 2010
- Comprehensive treatment of Java in a short, easy-to-read format.
- Includes a lab manual.
- Errata in textbook
Compiler Construction Using Java, JavaCC, and Yacc, IEEE/Wiley, 2012
- Comprehensive treatment of compiler construction.
- JavaCC and Yacc coverage optional.
- Entire book is Java oriented.
- Powerful software package available to students that tests and
evaluates their compilers.
- Fully defines many projects so students can learn how to put the
theory into practice.
- Includes supplements on theory so that the book can be used in a
course that combines compiler construction with formal languages,
automata theory, and computability theory.
to sofware package
- Errata in textbook